WhatsApp Channel Feature WhatsApp New Feature Available 15-9
Today we’re excited to launch WhatsApp Channel Feature to over 150 countries and deliver a private way to receive updates that matter to you. We’re welcoming thousands of organizations, sports teams, artists, and thought leaders that people can follow, right within WhatsApp.
If you’re new to Channels, our goal is to build the most private broadcast service available. Channels are separate from your chats, and who you choose to follow is not visible to other followers. We also protect the personal information of both admins and followers.
We’ve appreciated all the positive feedback from our initial start in ten countries. As we expand Channels globally, we’re introducing the following updates: WhatsApp Channel Feature
- Enhanced Directory – you can now find channels to follow that are automatically filtered based on your country. You can also view channels that are new, most active, and popular based on number of followers.
- Reactions – you can react using emojis to give feedback and see a count of total reactions. How you react will not be shown to followers.
- Editing – soon, admins will be able to make changes to their Updates for up to 30 days, when we automatically delete them from our servers.
- Forwarding – whenever you forward an Update to chats or groups it will include a link back to the channel so people can find out more.
This is just the beginning, and we’ll continue to add more features and expand Channels based on feedback we get from users. Over the coming months, we’ll also make it possible for anyone to create a channel. WhatsApp Channel Feature
If you’re looking to hear about more product updates directly from us, we’ve now also launched the official WhatsApp Channel Feature to keep you up-to-date on what we’re building. WhatsApp Channel Feature Available
WhatsApp Channels Available Globally With Updated Features
- WhatsApp Channels are now available in over 150 countries.
- New features include an enhanced directory, emoji reactions, and editing capabilities for admins.
- WhatsApp also launched an official channel for direct communication about product updates. WhatsApp Channel Feature
WhatsApp, the popular messaging platform, announced the global expansion of its Channels feature. WhatsApp Channel Feature
Initially available in ten countries, Channels are now accessible in over 150 countries, providing a “private way to receive updates that matter to you,” according to Meta. WhatsApp Channel Feature
The move aims to diversify the types of content that people can access directly within the app, including updates from organizations, sports teams, artists, and thought leaders. WhatsApp Channel Feature
The Channels feature is distinct from regular chat conversations on WhatsApp. WhatsApp Channel Feature
It offers a secure environment where users can follow different channels without revealing their choices to other followers.
The company emphasizes privacy, stating that admin’s and followers’ personal information will remain protected. WhatsApp Channel Feature
s part of the global rollout, WhatsApp is introducing the following updates to enhance the user experience.
- An Enhanced Directory that allows users to discover channels based on their location. It also sorts channels by new arrivals, most activity, and popularity based on follower count.
- Reactions so users can react to updates using emojis. The total count of responses will be visible, but individual reactions will remain anonymous.
- Ability to edit channel updates for up to 30 days, after which they will be automatically deleted from WhatsApp servers.
- A link to the original channel will be included to forward an update to chats or groups, facilitating more accessible access to more information.
WhatsApp indicated that these updates are just the initial steps in a broader strategy. In the coming months, the company plans to roll out more features and open up the possibility for any user to create a channel.
The company also announced the launch of the official WhatsApp channel to keep users up-to-date on new features and updates directly within the app.
The global expansion of WhatsApp Channels will offer organizations and thought leaders new ways to engage with their audiences on a more private platform.